This is a case where you *can* believe what you read on the Internet.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors.
1. A powder blush palette you can use to create beautiful natural looks that’ll transition nicely from day to night.
One of my coworkers, Marquaysa Battle, has this palette and is a big fan! Here’s what she had to say:
“So I’m all into makeup that helps me whip up a quick face without trying too hard. This blush palette helps me add a lil’ flush to my face in just a couple of dabs. It’s super buildable so you can go subtle the way I like to or get super glam with a deeper blush look. I also use this palette on my eyes and lips too. It’s easy to use, the four colors can be layered to create a custom shade, and it lasts a LONG time. This will literally be the only blush you ever need. It’s definitely one of my smartest cheap makeup grabs.”
2. A trio of stands to make sure each and every one of your plant babies has a place of their own.
Promising review: “I love this piece. It is a perfect mid-century modern plant stand. I had been looking for months for something unique like this and finally found it on Wayfair. It’s a great price. If it were real marble it would be way more expensive. Easy assembly. I highly recommend and may purchase another for my daughter.” —Kathy
3. Bananagrams – it’ll *lit*erally bring a smile to any bookworm’s face — it combines all the fun of crossword puzzles and Scrabble for a fast-paced game anyone who loves words will appreciate.
Promising review: “This game is contagious. We have so much fun playing. You can play by yourself, with a small group or large group. Small enough to take with you anywhere you go. take it out to eat while waiting for food, take it camping play it at home. Whenever you play it you just can’t stop. It is very similar to scrabble but a lot faster. Buy you’ll love it.” —Guest
4. A bag of PrettyLitter made up of moisture- and odor-absorbing crystals that you won’t need to scoop out of the box.
One of the main claims PrettyLitter makes is that the crystals will change color if it detects a potentially harmful change in your cat’s urine. Borrowed By Design editor Kat Angus tested this out firsthand and was really surprised by the results:
“I was shocked when I went to stir up the litter box and saw that Moe’s urine had caused the crystals to change color. To be safe, I immediately scheduled an appointment with his vet. The vet was skeptical that anything was wrong with Moe, considering he was still eating and drinking normally, and I hadn’t noticed any other changes in his behavior. But, just to be safe, the vet agreed to do a urine test. When the results came back, they showed that Moe did have blood in his urine, indicating that he had an infection!!! So the vet was able to prescribe my cat medication before Moe’s condition got any worse.”
5. A pack of scrunchies you can use as both an accessory and a way to keep your hair from sticking to the back of your sweaty neck.
Promising review: “These scrunches are so cute and well made. They are just the right size, not too big and not too small. I liked them so much, I went back and bought a set for a friend.” — allioop22
6. Clump-free mascara made with Hairdensyl to help support lash growth — it’ll have people asking if you recently got eyelash extensions. Joke’s on them!
Promising review: “Yaaaaaaas!!!! This is one of my favorite mascaras, it’s crazy. I get such dramatic, big, bushy beautiful lashes with this stuff. I like the brush, seems to really help with volume for me. No problems with flakes or raccoon eyes (being fair skinned that’s not a good look so if I get either of these it’s a deal breaker). And being a contacts wearer I typically never have a problem with eye irritation. It’s basically a magical mascara.” —stacy2455
7. Glossier Boy Brow to help you finally get the unruly caterpillar-like creatures above your eyes in check.
My coworker AnaMaria Glavan is passionate about this product. Here’s what she had to say:
“Believe the hype: this magic bottle is proof that not all heroes wear capes. The creamy formula, which comes in blond, black, clear, and brown (which is what I used!), goes on smoothly and doesn’t require a lot of product to do the job. I used the wand to brush baby hairs in the beginning/middle of my brow upwards, and then brushed the longer, toddler-like hairs at the end of my eyebrows, sideways. And one coat was more than enough! Boy Brow does what exactly what the Glossier brand claims to do; it gives me a filled-in eyebrow that doesn’t look filled in. The finish looks natural, which is exactly what I wanted — my facial caterpillars have never looked better.”
8. A universal nail polish bottle handle from Olive and June you’ll want if you love doing your own nails but are forever struggling to do your opposite hand as beautifully as your dominant one.
I’ve been doing my own nails for a long, long time. It always seemed smarter to me to spend money on a bottle of polish I can keep instead of a manicure that only lasts a week. It’s a skill that took a while to work on but, luckily, for at-home manicurists like myself The Poppy has made doing my nails a lot less challenging. It pops right onto any bottle of nail polish (not just Olive and June colors) and provides you with a stronger grip and a more accurate swipe.
9. A pair of Suavs made from recycled plastic bottles that’ll make a nice eco-friendly addition to your ever-growing shoe collection.
My colleague Harper Hendrickson is a big fan of these sneaks. Here’s their review:
“I’ve been having a difficult time with shoes lately, due to my feet growing and shoe size changing a little since starting HRT. I recently tried Suavs high-top shoes in Timber, hoping that they would be stretchy enough to fit me till I get through this awkward shoe phase! I was not disappointed, these fit true to size, they are nice and stretchy, and they are some of the comfiest shoes I’ve ever worn. I liked them way more than I anticipated I would, so much so that I didn’t take them off for a week when I first got them! My favorite thing about Suavs are how easy they are to slip on and off, yet they are durable enough to get me through hectic days and long walks with my pup. The few minutes I save in the morning slipping these on when I’m stressed and in a rush really makes a difference. I also love that these are made from recycled water bottles!”
10. La Roche-Posay gel cleanser to assist in conquering your arch nemesis: acne. It’s made of a salicylic acid that’ll target blackheads and whiteheads directly. See ya, pesky pimples.
Promising review: “This is one of the best cleansers I’ve ever used for my oily complexion. It deep cleans and leaves one with a refreshed complexion that isn’t overly dried. It’s also a great value because a little goes a long way and a bottle seemingly lasts forever!” —Dermstore Customer