Now that you’ve had a request to buy or borrow your dress, it’s time to prepare it and ship it. You have two options, but no matter which option you choose, there are three critical components to ensuring a successful dress borrowing/buying experience for the recipient:
- Include return labels with your address filled in so the recipient can ship the dress back to you. (Even if you’re selling your dress, still include return labels in case the recipient needs to return it.)
- Choose a shipping option that will have the dress delivered to the recipient by the date they requested. To view the date the dress is needed by, click the "View order #" link in the order confirmation email you received from us. You'll see the "Date of Event" field, so plan to have the dress arrive a few days before that date.
- Get a tracking code so you can input it into the order through your Borrowed by Design account. Scroll to the bottom of this post for instructions on how to do that.
Now, let’s get to the options.
Option 1: Go to FedEx, UPS, or USPS locations
This is the easiest option, but it will require you to leave the house! Once you get to your shipping carrier of choice, they’ll help you fill out the labels and package the dress. Don’t forget to include the return labels, select the right shipping option, and note the tracking number.
Option 2: Ship from your house
For those of you who just can’t face putting on real clothes to leave the house, you can set up and create the shipment right from your couch. Here are the links to the carriers we recommend since all of these offer tracking codes for their packages.
Whichever option you decide, be sure to keep up with the tracking code. You’ll need to input the tracking code into the order on your Borrowed by Design account. Here’s how you do this:
- Login to your Borrowed by Design account
- Click Orders and click View on the desired order
- Scroll to the bottom and click Edit Tracking
- Input the tracking number, the shipping method, and check the box to email the recipient