Want to make a gift for a loved one, but don’t know how? Don’t worry; we’re here to lend you the know-how.
If you imagined giving your best friend, family member, or partner something you made on your own – we understand you completely. Nothing shows how much you care more than putting time and effort into a gift.
So, this time, we’ll show you how to make a simple bracelet with some leather cord and an interesting anchor for detail.
Just follow the steps, and you can’t go wrong.
- Buy the leather, the wire, and an anchor pendant. You will need one anchor to serve as a clasp. Get one length of leather cord to wrap around the wrist three times. And you need a very small amount of wire – 2 times 2” of wire for each end of the bracelet.
- Make your anchor clasp. Create a loop that will hold the anchor. Make sure to loosen the tiny loop on the end. Hook it to the anchor pendant, and pinch the two together.
- Wrap the leather cord around your wrist twice, and then add ½”. Now fold it in half, so that the loop is in the middle of the end where one side is longer. Next, you need to pinch one end of the cord so that you’re holding the loop out. Make sure that the anchor pendant can fit in without effort, and that it can’t come out easily. Take a length of wire, and create a small L at the end of it. Now take the lower part of that L. Align it until it is parallel to the leather cords.
Wrap the rest of the wire around the leather cord. Make sure to overlap the lower part of the L you already made. Before you finish that wire, make a tiny L once more and push it into the leather cord. That way, the wire will be secure, and it won’t poke through the other side of the bracelet and make it uncomfortable.
If you’re not super-handy or good with small things, get someone to hold the loop while you’re wrapping the wire.
- The other side of the bracelet
Take the longer end of the bracelet, and make a loop as you did with the first side. Make sure that it is as close to the shorter end as can be. Before you start the wire, slide the loop with the anchor pendant on.
Now wrap the wire the same way you did with the first side, around all three ends of the wire cord. While you’re wrapping the leather cord, don’t forget to trim it. Wrap half of the wire, trim the leather, and wrap the rest. Now your bracelet is the perfect size.
- Don’t try to solder!
All of this can be done easily without soldering. If you try, you will probably make the leather brittle, and it will fall apart. Not much of a gift then, is it?
- Wrap it up nicely, and put a bow on top, because your present is ready.